LIVING SCHOOL STRIVES TO BROADEN SCHOOLING
We have now managed to get all our requests for the private bus transport sorted. This has been complex logistically.
We have purchased two more buses – with a capacity of 34 seats each.
Our other regular bus run will be the Rosa – with a capacity of 24 seats.
Living School now has three bus runs.
- Hino 1 – with Lel driving: Bangalow – Clunes – Eltham – Lismore and return
- Rosa – with Hayden: Suffolk Park, Red Devil Park, Eureka – Lismore and return
- Hino 2 – with Johann and Alexis: Lennox Point, Ross Lane, Ballina BP, Alstonville – Lismore and return
There is a cost of $40 per week. This is for administration, drivers and maintenance.
COMMUNICATE WITH US…
To connect with the drivers, please email email@example.com
To call the office, our number is 5632 1218
* If a very urgent need, please use the Conductor’s mobile number: 0431 1315
The times we are highlighting are estimates – but your assistance in being at the stop at these times while we work out the timings, is so important.
ROSA - Hayden
Suffolk Park: 8:05am | 4:00pm
Red Devil Park: 8:10am |. 3:55pm
Eureka Turn-Off: 8:30am. | 3:35pm
Hino - Lel
Bangalow: 8:15am | 3:50pm
Clunes: 8:30am | 3:35pm
Eltham: 8:37am | 3:28pm
Total Seats = 34
Hino - Johann/Alexis
Lennox Point: 8:10am | 4:05pm
Lennox Ross Lane: 8:15am | 4:00pm
West Ballina BP: 8:25am | 3:50pm
Alstonville: 8:35am | 3:35pm
Total Seats = 34
Tracking the bus movements
WHERE IS MY BUS?
Once installed, add the following numbers and the password: 1Password
Rosa (Hayden): 1802602219
Big Yellow Magic School Bus: 1802602220
Nissan small bus: 1802602218
- The Hino buses are soon to be added.
You will then be able to see in real time where the identified bus is – based on the login details for each bus.
Or you can login via our website address with the email firstname.lastname@example.org and the password: 1Password
And then select the bus from the Drop Down menu…
Guidelines of Wisdom
Some guidelines must be in place for our administration team to manage the fluidity of bus requests.
- Any bus change for a week must be registered with the office by 2:00pm the preceding Friday.
- Any bus change of pickup for a day, i.e. a parent is collecting children and so children will not be on the bus, MUST be received by the Office no later than 2:00pm the day of the change in plans – so we can inform teachers and drivers.
- Any absence for a bus run in the morning – be that for illness or change of plan – MUST be received by 7:45am the morning of the bus run.
- The buses cannot wait at a stop for late parents – we know you guys are busy but we must keep to our schedule for all parents down the line. If you miss a bus pickup, please drive to the next stop where your child can safely board the bus.
- Also, consider the public bus runs – where there is subsidy and connections for buses directly to our front door, too.
- Northern Rivers Bus Lines – 6626 1499
- Ballina Bus Lines – 66863666
- Friday bus runs will not incur a cost for Term One, and we will be using the Farm for Fridays commencing Term Two.
DO YOU KNOW OF AN EXCEPTIONAL SAFE DRIVER?
If you know of anyone of exceptional quality who wants to register as a driver for morning/afternoon, please email email@example.com
Living School Bus Service Policy and Expectations
Policy: Living School will provide a bus service on a cost per use basis for students to attend Living School. The cost of the service will be reasonable and meet the running costs of the service. The cost will be for a pay-per-trip basis. Parents/carers using the Living School bus service agree to abide by the responsibilities listed below.
Expectations of parents/carers:
- To inform the school of their child’s attendance on the bus – and, where a child is not requiring the service, notification is sent to the driver and/or office before the commencement of a trip.
- To ensure their child is at the bus stop BEFORE the advertised collection time in order to ensure the timetable is met – if a parent is late, the bus will continue to the next stop.
- To ensure their child is well and able to travel on the bus without upset or illness
- To treat the drivers with respect and politeness: acting as positive role models in front of our children
Bus Behaviour Expectations
Using the Living School bus is a privilege and, as such, there are clear expectations of correct behaviour and manners. If these expectations are not met, the school has the right to deny service to any child for a period of time determined by the Conductor. Personal devices are only to be brought on the bus with the approval of the Conductor.
Safety and good manners are of paramount importance.
Students have the right to:
Drivers have the right to:
Students have the responsibility to:
Ensure their behaviour is safe, including…
Drivers have the responsibility to: