Living School Collections Policy
The School has a staged process to collect outstanding accounts. While every attempt will be made to come to a suitable payment plan, on-going arrears will lead to formal recovery proceedings. The cost incurred by the School for formal debt recovery proceedings will be added to the account. The School further reserves the right to reverse fee rebates, concessions, scholarships and bursaries as well as withdraw the enrolment of students should the account remain unpaid.
* School Board reserves the right to alter fees as necessary.
– COLLECTION NOTICE –
1. The School collects personal information, including sensitive information about students and parents or guardians before and during the course of a student’s enrolment at the School. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the School to provide schooling to the student and enable the student to take part in all the activities of the School.
2. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the School’s legal obligations, particularly to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
3. Laws governing or relating to the operation of schools require certain information to be collected and disclosed. These include relevant Education Acts, Public Health and Child Protection laws.
4. Health information about students is sensitive information within the terms of the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We may ask you to provide medical reports about students from time to time.
5. If we cannot obtain the information referred to above, we may be unable to enrol or continue the enrolment of your child.
6. The School, from time to time, discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes, including to facilitate the transfer of
a student to another school. This includes to other schools; government departments or agencies such as the NSW Department of Education, NSW Education Standards Authority, the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA); medical practitioners and people providing services to the School, including specialist visiting teachers, (sports) coaches, volunteers, counsellors and professional service agencies.
7. Personal information may be used for the purpose of publishing certain school information relating to the general circumstances of parents and students on the MySchool website, in accordance with Australian Government requirements.
8. Personal information collected from students is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians.
9. The School may utilise external providers to deliver certain services including ‘cloud’ data storage to the School and its staff and students. The School may store personal information in the ‘cloud’ which may mean that it resides on servers that are located outside Australia.
10. The School has a Policy that sets out how parents or students may seek access to personal information collected about them. However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, where access may result in a breach of the School’s duty of care to the student, or where students have provided information in confidence.
11. The School from time to time may engage in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. Such information may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the School’s fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
12. On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, student activities and school related news is published in School newsletters, magazines or other publications and on the School website. Photographs of student activities such as academic or sporting events, school camps and excursions may be taken for publication in newsletters and magazines and on our intranet.
13. The School may include your contact details in a class list and/ or School directory.
14. If you provide the School with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the School and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the School does not usually disclose this information to third parties.